Thursday 24 October 2013

Kinda sad.

In March 2012 we moved from the heart of England, to the valleys of South Wales. It's been great for us, we love it here, and don't really miss the old place much. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of happy memories from the old house, and plenty of people we miss, but the actual town? Not really.
So, you know how you see something on facebook, follow a link, and find another link and end up wandering in the internet wilderness?
Yes, that.
I ended up on Google maps, looking at street views and looked up our old address.
Even after we moved I could see our old car on the drive, the chicken pen in the garden and my washing on the line from the overhead view. From street view I could see my car on the drive and my plants in the window.
Not now. They've updated the image and we've gone, wiped away as if we were never there.
The new house, on the other hand, hasn't been updated and we're not here either.
It's a bit sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Thanks for commenting.
Comments are moderated to keep out the spam, please bear with me and I will release your words as soon as I can.